- British American Tobacco in Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 2000 Competitive
- Posted: 02 Nov 2018
1/ Job Purpose:
Assist in the development, communication and implementation of Brand Strategies and consumer engagement activities which are aligned to Marketing, Brand Portfolio and Consumer Space strategies and which will assist in the achievement of brand objectives.
2/ Key Deliverables:
- Support the execution of brand plans and consumer engagement activities to ensure the brand objectives are achieved.
- Adhere to the Global Brand Governance matrix, seeking appropriate governance and oversight line with the Brand global portfolio positioning.
- Support the definition of brand vision, strategy positioning and marketing mix including pack and product specification and communications, in line with brand strategies.
- Analyze market research data to understand Brand issues and market opportunities.
- Compile and prepare documents for Brand projects and brand performance are on time in full.
- Track and monitor brand implementation, performance from both internal & external available resources to ensure agreed brand activities are effectively executed and brand issues to be fully captured.
- Monitor and report Brand Support Expenditure (BSE) to ensure it does not exceed budget defined in operational brand plan.
- Handle communication between Brand Marketing and other inter-departmental functions to ensure the cycle plan is effectively executed and Brand programs are effectively implemented in the field force.
- Monitor external agencies to ensure day-to-day activities related to Brand programs are performed with required quality and agreed cost & timescales as defined in operational brand plan.
- Self-Development by developing understanding & appreciation of the brand strategies among the Trade Marketing & Distribution (TM&D) team through sharing and feedback session.
- Participate in the origination, evaluation and implementation of new, innovate ideas.
- University graduate with solid academic results, preferably in business management.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts (Brand Communication, Promotion & Distribution).
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Brand Marketing in a sizeable FMCG company (Preferable MNC company).
- Cross-functional experience of Sales & Trade Marketing operations is an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate an interest and awareness of product development, trade and consumer insights, copy strategy and BTL communication.
- Ability to think/operate strategically, focus and drive for result.
- Influencing skill, particularly in dealing with senior management team.
- Effective communication & negotiation skills.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Competent spoken and written English.
About British American Tobacco in Vietnam
BAT started its operation in Vietnam in October 1994. BAT’s brands in Vietnam include Kent, State Express 555, Craven A, White Horse, 7 Diamonds, Everest, Virginia Gold, Dunhill and PallMall. With a total of nine brands for the Vietnamese consumers, BAT holds a robust market position in the Vietnam market. Today, BAT is one of the most successful international businesses in Vietnam.
In 2001, BAT established a joint-venture with Vinataba (Vietnam Tobacco Corporation) to process cut rag in a state-of-the-art facility in Dong Nai. Together with its business partners, BAT’s presence in Viet Nam has created employment for thousands of people directly and indirectly.
In 2014, BAT formed the second partnership with Vinataba to establish a joint venture to produce cigarette sticks in Vinh Loc Industrial Site. With this new joint venture, BAT ensures its leading position in the tobacco industry in Vietnam.
Classed as one of the top employers in Vietnam in a recent survey by AC Nielsen, BAT is recognized as providing its employees high quality training and developmental opportunities, competitive rewards, fast track careers, on-going employee engagement and entrepreneurial culture. BAT is also recognized for its consistent corporate social responsibility policies and programs and has been awarded several Certificates of Merit by the central and local governments for its afforestation, poverty alleviation and sustainable agricultural technique transfer projects.
Phone: (+84 8) 3821 9888
Fax: (+84 8) 3821 9337
20th Floor, Kumho Asiana Plaza
39 Le Duan Street, District 1, Vietnam